Re: bzr and bzrtools packages

Tim Cutts wrote:
Remember you can also use:

apt-cache policy bzr

to find out which various versions of a package you can see, and which will be installed by default.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to add that to my collection of wrapper scripts that wrap dpkg, apt-file, and other tools for implementing package queries that are beyond aptitude and easy to forget.

# apt-cache policy bzr
bzr:
  Installed: 1.15-1~bazaar1~intrepid1
  Candidate: 1.15-1~bazaar1~intrepid1
  Version table:
 *** 1.15-1~bazaar1~intrepid1 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net intrepid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.13.1-1~bpo50+1 0
          1 http://www.backports.org lenny-backports/main Packages
     1.5-1.1 0
        500 http://debian.lcs.mit.edu lenny/main Packages

# apt-cache policy bzrtools
bzrtools:
  Installed: 1.15.0-1~bazaar1~intrepid1
  Candidate: 1.15.0-1~bazaar1~intrepid1
  Version table:
 *** 1.15.0-1~bazaar1~intrepid1 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net intrepid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.5.0-1 0
        500 http://debian.lcs.mit.edu lenny/main Packages

(I ended up installing from the Ubuntu repository. The Intrepid build seemed to match up with Lenny's installed version of Python.)

 -Tom