Re: Please add me to bpo uploader (2nd try)

Osamu Aoki schrieb am Sunday, den 08. June 2008:

> Hi,
>
> Please add me to bpo uploader to enable updating Debian Infrastructure
> run on stable with bpo package.
Added, and please let me my weekend before repeating a request.

> I need to get debiandoc-sgml updated to 1.2.9.  See Debian admin's
> comment below.  This upload will violate your stated policy in bpo
> inclusion as discussed below but is prerequisite for Debian admin to
> update system.
Since this package is requested by DSA (aka weasel) you are free to upload.

> (By the way, keeping DH_COMPAT high value required or suggested?  IT is
> actually easier to build with lowered DH_COMPAT.)
Normally its recommended to use the dh version of stable.

*snip*
> From: Peter Palfrader via RT <admin@rt.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: [rt.debian.org #698] [Debian RT] Please install debiandoc-sgml
> 	from bpo on klecker
> To: osamu@debian.org
> Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 18:26:10 +0000
>
> On Sat, 07 Jun 2008, Osamu Aoki via RT wrote:
>
> > This debiandoc-sgml is a set of shell and perl scripts.  It perfectly works in
> > stable.  This means I should not upload to bpo even if my request for key
> > registration works.
>
> That part of bpo policy is stupid, and I don't think the people who
> actually admit new packages into the archive are handling it like that.
Read first. Then talk about it. Its decided on a per case base.

Alex