Re: Packages for adoption

Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> writes:
> * martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2008-04-27 10:48:37 CEST]:

>> I mean, I see the reason, it's just that I don't want to be a
>> contributing to a project with this kind of philosophy.
>
>  You don't want to contribute to a project that does tight checking of
> its contents? Then you shouldn't contribute to Debian as a whole because
> there is more tight checking happening in unstable, which I expect you
> to be very much aware of.

This policy means that I'm much less likely to upload backports unless
someone can explain how to use pbuilder to generate an acceptable package.
pbuilder in the configurations with which I'm familiar generates the
source package outside of the chroot and the binary packages inside the
chroot, so in order to comply with this policy, I'd either need to use a
pure etch system to build backports or manually build in the chroot rather
than using the pbuilder automation.  Bleh, what a hassle, and for no real
benefit so far as I can see.

I haven't had any problems of this sort uploading to the main Debian
archive.