Re: Postgresql 8.3

El Sábado, 9 de Febrero de 2008, Gerfried Fuchs escribió:
> * Adrián Ribao Martínez <aribao@gmail.com> [2008-02-08 11:01:55 CET]:
> > El Martes, 5 de Febrero de 2008, Gerfried Fuchs escribió:
> > >  I have it on my agenda, just not with an urgent priority. Are the new
> > > features and improvements really that stunning to rush it in?
> >
> > Until postgresql 8.3 is available in the backports, is there any elegant
> > way of installing it, maybe from "sid" and then switch to the backport
> > version when available?
>
>  It is available at <http://rhonda.deb.at/debian/bpo/postgresql-8.3/>
> in the meantime (binaries for i386 and powerpc likewise with
> the source). Please notice that you will also need an updated
> postgresql-common which I uploaded already to bpo but currently
> is stuck in NEW, you can find it for the time being at
> <http://rhonda.deb.at/debian/bpo/postgresql-common/>.
>
>  So long,
> Rhonda

Thank you!
As it's the first time I need something in the backports, I don't really know
how it really works. What do you mean when you say that is in NEW, I figure
out that it's similar to SID.
If I want to install it, I just have to download it and install or there is
any other way using a repository?Will I have any problem if I use those
packages and when 8.3 is available in the backports, switch them?

Thank you, and sorry about this newbie questions.

--
Adrián Ribao Martínez