Re: Postgresql 8.3

* Adrián Ribao Martínez <aribao@gmail.com> [2008-02-11 12:18:06 CET]:
> Thank you!
> As it's the first time I need something in the backports, I don't really know
> how it really works. What do you mean when you say that is in NEW, I figure
> out that it's similar to SID.

 With NEW I mean that the package wasn't in backports.org before and
thus needs manual approval, see the list at:
<http://www.backports.org/debian/new.html> - eventually the responsible
people for backports will go over the list and approve them. It is in
some way similar to the NEW queue for unstable[1] indeed.

> If I want to install it, I just have to download it and install or
> there is any other way using a repository?

 Yes, you have to download them, I don't make this apt-getable on
purpose.

> Will I have any problem if I use those packages and when 8.3 is
> available in the backports, switch them?

 You won't even switch because the packages I put there are exactly the
same ones I expect to upload to backports itself. But no, you shouldn't
expect any problems with packages my page in that respect. If you do,
please leave me a message.

> Thank you, and sorry about this newbie questions.

 No worries, everyone started out new.
Rhonda
[1] <http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html>