Re: Pinning

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:58:01PM +0100, Paweł Jaworski wrote:
So I installed it using "apt-get -t etch-backports openoffice.org", but it will prevent it from automatic updates...

No worry, this technique takes automatic updates into account. apt's
pinning algorithm is different when the package is installed.

Thank you, but I think i've been misunderstood. If there will be another version of ooo in the backports repository - apt won't install it - I think, because it didn't already (from 2.2 to 2.3).

Best regards
Pawel Jaworski