Re: Backports vs Pinning Lenny

Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

> Frank Küster schrieb am Montag, den 07. Mai 2007:
>
>> Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This is something else.
>
>> That's what we're trying to do, aren't we?

I find it very inefficient, both for you and for us, that we have to
talk with you about every single package when there seems to be a need
for a policy change (or a decision that asking for this and that type of
package doesn't make sense).

But we cannot force you, do it as you like.  However, I would really
appreciate if such "talk with me" happens on this list, so that we don't
need to repeat the same argument you've already heard, and ask again for
packages which you won't accept anyway.

I also fear that some people won't even ask you because they have better
things to do than discussing on an unknown basis.

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)