Re: Ruby Package Backports

Am 14.01.2007 um 16:01 schrieb Daniel Baumann:

Manuel Holtgrewe wrote:
What should I change to make it a native package again?

you had a matching *.orig.tar.gz in the parent dir of the sources, hence
dpkg assumed this to be the source tarball, instead of creating one.

I am a bit confused.

Could you check whether my updated ruby-pkg-tools package is correct? If this is not the case then I would be grateful if you could point out what the problem with the resulting package and what the reason for the problem is.

I'm sorry for seeming slow to understand but there seem to be a lot of things to know about building Debian packages and the documentation I could find on the topic did not outline the difference between a native package and a non-native one.

Regards,

Manuel