Re: Ruby Package Backports

Am 13.01.2007 um 14:35 schrieb Daniel Baumann:

Manuel Holtgrewe wrote:
Are you interested in me providing you with the Ruby packages?

i don't use ruby. if you can say that you use them and that they are
most likely also useful for other users, we can of course include them here.

I think they would be useful to a lot of people. For example to those who want to deploy their Ruby on Rails applications on Debian stable systems. I know a lot of people who would want to do this but would have to compile their own Ruby at the moment and thus use other systems to deploy to.

Is my backporting process sane? (Note that I increase the *-4 version to *-5 so I am able to append ~bpo.1 to it and dch does not scream at me).

please upload the packages somewhere so that one can review them. note,
that your backports should comply to:
http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute

OK, I have rebuilt my packages. You can find them here:

  http://www.ggnore.net/~mholtgrewe/bpo-review/

I have also uploaded the public key of the pair I used to sign the packages.

The file 01-backport-commands.txt lists the commands I used to compile the packages. I would be grateful if someone had the time to review it and give suggestions or tell me about any errors.

I also read that I should track any changes done to the packages in unstable. What's the most elegant way to do this? Do I have to subscribe to debian-devel-all and all its traffic?

Regards,

Manuel

--
I have found an elegant and short solution for Fermat's Theorem
but sadly there is not enough space for it in this signature.