Re: Request backport of Bacula 2 for etch?

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> [2007-09-14 11:52:30 CEST]:

>> But apart from these issues, I backported 2.2.3 (using the 2.2.0
>> package and uupdate to 2.2.3) myself, removing bat and the trayicon
>> and disabling the debug_level check in src/lib/daemon.c (very crude
>> hack, I know) and it works as well as expected.

> I can just speak for myself, and the bpo policy: changes other than
> those needed to get the package building on etch won't go in.  This
> is a thing that has to get addressed in the unstable/testing package
> first,

Yes, of course. I was never implying to change the code/package in the
way I did, I was just desperate to get the new version out to my servers.

> and I really hope you have sent bugreports/patches for that to the
> maintainer of bacula in Debian, given your deep insight into the
> issue.

I opened a bug and reported my findings (#441621), but I still don't
knwo, why the bacula daemons behave like this since 2.2.x. Unfortunately
I don't have the time right now to single step the process startup via
gbd or to insert printfs to debug the problem any further, so this is up
to upstream.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://www.svenhartge.de/