Re: bash 3.1-4bpo1 broken WRT process substitution

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > As I cannot upload to bpo, could someone please rebuild the bash backport
> > while having /dev/fd available in the build environment and upload it? Thanks
> > in advance.
>
> my backports chroot does have /dev/fd;

Not having /dev/fd in the chroot would cause the problem as described.

Normally /dev/fd is a symlink pointing to /proc/self/fd.  If built in
a chroot without /dev/fd available then the configure tests will
deduce that it cannot be used and avoid it.  That's undesirable.

If inside the chroot /proc is a 'bind' mount to the real /proc and
also if /dev/fd in the chroot symlinks to /proc/self/fd as it would
normally outside the chroot then the configure test should deduce the
desired setting automatically.

Bob