Re: Tips for setting up own repos?

--On March 2, 2007 10:36:13 AM -0500 Anthony DeRobertis <aderobertis@metrics.net> wrote:

On 03/02/2007 02:34 AM, Michael Loftis wrote:
My biggest problem right now is apparently mini-dinstall can't produce
*properly* signed Releases and thus etch basically refuses to use the
repository.

Works for me.

It doesn't work because mini-dinstall produces "broken" archives. A standard archive is layed out differently from mini-dinstall archives. the etch security stuff expects a signed release file in the binary-$(ARCH) dir that mini-dinstall doesn't create, instead each arch is in a dir named $(ARCH). You end up having to manually create Release files for each arch. this is with mini-dinstall Version: 0.6.21

The fact taht mini-dinstall can't/doesn't create a standard repo layout has always bugged me so since I have to (well need to) get signed repos working for etch it looked like a good time to ditch it and fix this.

(in .mini-dinstall.conf):
release_signscript = /home/anthony/bin/sign-release

(sign-release)
rm -f Release.gpg
gpg -b -o Release.gpg -u C3CC05DE1D573DA6BBA1C4E6C79BA4A6F9E13358 "$1"
[ -e Release.gpg ] && exit 0 || exit 1

And, if you can't get it to work, I believe there is a way to turn off
signature checking on a per-source basis...

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler