Re: Tips for setting up own repos?

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 13:16 -0700, Michael Loftis wrote:

> --On March 2, 2007 10:36:13 AM -0500 Anthony DeRobertis
> <aderobertis@metrics.net> wrote:
>
> > On 03/02/2007 02:34 AM, Michael Loftis wrote:
> >> My biggest problem right now is apparently mini-dinstall can't produce
> >> *properly* signed Releases and thus etch basically refuses to use the
> >> repository.
> >
> > Works for me.
>
> It doesn't work because mini-dinstall produces "broken" archives.  A
> standard archive is layed out differently from mini-dinstall archives.  the
> etch security stuff expects a signed release file in the binary-$(ARCH) dir
> that mini-dinstall doesn't create, instead each arch is in a dir named
> $(ARCH).  You end up having to manually create Release files for each arch.
> this is with mini-dinstall Version: 0.6.21
<snip>

They're not broken.  APT can deal with mini-dinstall's simple layouts as
well as the standard Debian archive layout.  Look at the manual page
under "archive_style" to find out how to write the APT sources lines.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. - Anne Morrow Lindberg