Re: Ruby Package Backports
You can find the rebuilt packages here:
a general note first: some of the orig.tar.gz do not match the ones
available on ftp.debian.org, please make always sure those have the
They should now. I used dpkg-source on the extracted .orig tarball
instead of using it directly on the .orig tarball.
* the package is a native package, but you build a non-native one.
Can you explain to me what I did wrong? I thought the only difference
between a native and non-native package is that it has a "package
version", i.e. a dash after the program's version.
* you changelog is strange:
- normally, you write something like '* Rebuild for sarge.'
or similar, but not '* Creating changelog entry to set
release for backport.'
- the bottom line of a changelog entry should be:
'-- $name <$email> $date' and not '-- <$email> $date'.
I fixed this.
* additionally you /replaced/ the previous changelog entry in the
package, instead of adding your own new one on top of it.
Should be fixed now.
I have found an elegant and short solution for Fermat's Theorem
but sadly there is not enough space for it in this signature.