Re: pdftk -

Rob Munsch <rmunsch@solutionsforprogress.com> wrote:

>> I assume you've tried a different patch than I have?
>
> Not using any patch - as per the author's site, i edited the
> Debian.Makefile by hand to change the version suffix and off i went
> (after pulling in libgcj5-dev and the 30 dependencies that triggered
> automagically).

libgcj5-dev is the crucial difference, I used libgcj4-dev, which doesn't
work.

> Both g++ and gcj are 3.4.4 here, the current plain-sarge releases.
>
> I guess at this rate, both g++/gcj and pdftk will be out of testing
> together long before i would figure out how to make a proper backport
> package. :)

Hm, maybe.  Technically, the patch I posted (which edits
Debian.Makefile, just as you did, and changes/adds the necessary
dependencies in debian/control) should work if you replace the libgcj
version.  Then, the backport should be compiled in a clean environment,
like a pbuilder chroot.

I can do that tomorrow and upload it, if you like.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)