Re: pdftk -

Frank Küster wrote:

The backport should use gcc and gcj from sarge.  If I read the changelog
right, the explicit dependency on gcc-4.1 and gcj-4.1 is only to ensure
the same versions are used.

Package listing for sarge shows me gcc at version 4:3.3.5-3, which is what we got here.

The very purpose of backports is to use sarge's compiler and basic
libraries.

That's what i thought, and it seems that the 4.x branch of gcc isn't in sarge yet.

.. 8< ..

it still FTBFS in sarge.  I haven't tried to build in a sarge-backports
environment, though.

Weird - it built for me, and AFAIK no one's had problems with it yet.
The only oddity was this warning:

eport.o(.text+0x1888): In function
`ReplaceXmp(com::lowagie::text::pdf::PdfReader*, std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)':
: warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

but it built just fine and seems to run.

Unless i misunderstand completely, it sounds like you're saying it depends on gcc-4.1 is to keep it in line with sarge; but sarge is still on the 3.x branch.

--
Rob Munsch
Solutions For Progress IT