Re: PostgreSQL v8.1 on Sarge v3.1r2 problem

Terima kasih, everyone. (That's what we say in Malaysia)

I managed to install it flawlessly shortly after Keith's reply.

I'll try Sylvain's method the next time I build another server.

Thanks,

jason

On 8/24/06, Sylvain Beucler <beuc@gnu.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 08:08:11AM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On 08/24/2006 4:46:54 AM +0100
> "Jason Tan Boon Teck" <jasontn@gmail.com> said:
>
> > The problem is the lsb-base and the ssl-cert requires a newer version
> > than the cd's. I've tried it using synaptic and also apt-get.
>
> I suspect you're a victim of the change of policy of backports. Add the
> following to /etc/apt/preferences:
>
> -------------------------------------
> Package: postgresql-8.1
> Pin: release a=sarge-backports
> Pin-Priority: 999
>
> Package: lsb-base
> Pin: release a=sarge-backports
> Pin-Priority: 999
>
> Package: ssl-cert
> Pin: release a=sarge-backports
> Pin-Priority: 999
>
> Then try installing postgres again.

Or simply
aptitude -t sarge-backports install postgresql-8.1 ?
This will grab the dependencies from backports.

--
Jason Tan Boon Teck
jasontn@gmail.com