Issues with ekiga

Hi!

I tried the ekiga backport and for some reason it's not working for me... What
happens when I try to start it is that I get an error window saying: "No usable
audio plugin detected" and then the software closes.

Running the unstable version in an unstable chroot instead works, starting the
interface, even though for some reason it doesn't detect my input/output devices
(which gnomemeeting did, and that I normally use)...

Any hints on what I may be missing or why could the backport behave differently
from the unstable version?

Thanks!
Guido