Re: PHP4/PHP5 and Owl DMS

Hi Jefferson,

Jefferson Cowart schreef:
I would like to install the owl-dms package on my system (http://packages.debian.org/testing/web/owl-dms), however it has dependencies on newer versions of php4 than is in sarge. I looked and it doesn't appear that there is a backported version of php4 and the backported version of php5 conflicts with php4. (Installing PHP5 instead of 4 would break a bunch of things.) Does anyone have a backported version of php4 that they could add to the backports repository?

For backported versions of PHP4 and 5, you could have a look at
http://www.dotdeb.org/.

I have created backports of PHP4 and 5 myself, that are based on the
DotDeb packages, but have many more extensions enabled. You can find
them at

http://debian.sipo.nl/dists/sarge/php4/binary-i386/
http://debian.sipo.nl/dists/sarge/php5/binary-i386/

However, I have no idea if they would solve your dependency problems in
any way.

Best regards,

Martijn Grendelman