Re: linux-2.6 and linux-2.6.16

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 01:56:44PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Frank K?ster <frank@debian.org> [2006.06.26.1350 +0200]:
> > Would it make sense to backport linux-2.6 and make it's binary
> > packages depend on the respective linux-2.6.16 packages?
>
> Yes, IMHO.
>
> > What do I loose if I deinstall linux-image-2.6?
>
> Automatic upgrades to the current kernel version, if that's what you
> want.

It's whi I have intalles 2.6.12, 2.6.15. but *not* linux-image-2.6.
I get no automatic upgrades, can install a new kernel when I choose,
and I still have the old kernels around until I decide to uninstall them.
Grub (or lilo, if I fell like reconfiguring it) will let me boot with
any installed kernel I choose,  in case things go wrong.

Now if only I could install multiple udevs to go with multiple kernels...

-- hendrik