Re: linux-2.6 and linux-2.6.16

also sprach Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2006.06.26.1350 +0200]:
> Would it make sense to backport linux-2.6 and make it's binary
> packages depend on the respective linux-2.6.16 packages?

Yes, IMHO.

> What do I loose if I deinstall linux-image-2.6?

Automatic upgrades to the current kernel version, if that's what you
want.

> Will etch switch to 2.6.17?

It currently looks like it, yes. Although the switch to 2.6.17 was
not done in agreement with everyone, it's probably too much trouble
to go back, if 2.6.17 proves to be stable.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

in africa some of the native tribes have a custom of beating the
ground with clubs and uttering spine chilling cries. anthropologists
call this a form of primitive self-expression. in america they call
it golf.