Re: etch or later?

Am Freitag, 16. Juni 2006 22:15 schrieb Sylvain Beucler:
> It will be acceptable when it will hit testing, but it's been around 2
> months already. And why is it held in sid? As Micha pointed out,
> because of dependencies checks, which I don't care about for backports
> because I'll change those very dependencies to meet Sarge's.

*You* wont do anything with the OOo backport on bpo. Thank you. :)

> I got that, but it is not that easy to get the bandwidth and the
> auto-builders for various architectures. Bpo already lacks the
> auto-builders because it's separate from Debian itself - and that's a
> shame, I currently cannot find a way to install OOo, be it v2.0.1, on
> Debian Sarge PPC :/ (besides borrowing the mac for the day or spending
> the week cross-compiling using qemu...)

The infrastructure for building the backport on ppc should be in place. Use
IBMs JDK... If it needs changes, please tell me. I might try in the near
future myself again, though (on my iBook)

> among all of us backporters, some don't share my views on placebo
> security delays, then I wish we can at least introduce a new more

??
Security stuff is and always was an exception to the "take it from testing"
rule.

Regards,

Rene

--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73