Re: Evince backport proposal (2)

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 08:17:15AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > In the case of evince, building with dh5 adds a new dependency to
> > gconf2 (/usr/sbin/gconf-schemas, via dh_gconf) in postinst and prerm
> > hooks. I'd like to avoid backporting gconf2, hence why I suggest (=4).
>
> Then, remove the dh_gconf call. Ovious, isn't it?

Follow my backport description and see for yourself :)
http://doc.cliss21.com/index.php?title=Backport_Evince

Evince's debian/rules is less than 10 lines long, and makes heavy use
of external, shared .mk files (cdbs and gnome-pkg-tools).

Besides, dh_gconf is still needed, it just does the job differently in
v4 (that is, manually instead of using gconf-schemas). Removing it,
even if I could, would not be a good idea IMHO.

That's why I think we should enforce using dh_helper4 in this
particular case, even if v5/bop is currently
installed. Short-circuiting the build framework just seems too
complex.

Do you know what parameters you need to feed sbuild with, in order to
reproduce a bpo compilation environment? It's probably better to
experiment with that in the first place. Hopefully it's not as hairy
as with 'experimental' ;)

Meanwhile, djvulibre's maintainer told me the package compiles
perfectly with debhelper4, so I'll do that instead.

--
Sylvain