Re: Strange Behavior with teTeX Packages

palme@uni-wuppertal.de (Hubert Palme) wrote:

>  f> You must have installed tetex-doc (and probably -base and -extra) from
>  f> stable/proposed-updates.  But this upload has been rejected, and
>  f> therefore the version is no longer available anywhere (at least I think
>  f> so, if it's still in proposed-updates, you probably have removed that
>  f> from your sources.list).
>
>  f> Consequently apt thinks that you have previously installed
>  f> tetex-{base,extra,doc} via "apt-get -t sarge-backports install ..." and
>  f> wants to upgrade them.
>
> Ah, now I understand the mechanism behind it...
>
> Btw.: Why has this version been rejected? (I've seen it for quite a
> long time...)

Because it fixes a RC bug that didn't fit into the stable release
manager's description of what should go into a stable update.  I
seriously consider bringing this up again with the new stable release
managers, but I don't have time at the moment.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)