Re: Kate Draven: Kopete

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 16:54, razahel wrote:
> Daniel Baumann schrieb:
> >Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> >>Shouldn't Xorg be backwards compatible with XFree86? Sarge's KDE works
> >>with Xorg, why does the backport not?
> >
> >Good question. Apparently it is not, but I don't know why.
>
> Maybe I can backport kde with xorg could you give me a little help I do
> not know how to do it properly because kde is huge.

I have a working backport of KDE 3.5.1 against the X.org of bpo.
You can try that. It would definitely be easier than to try to compile it
yourself.

It should be the same as Daniel's, except the X.org thing (with kompmgr),
and that it is 3.5.1 and not 3.5.0.

You can find them at:
deb ftp://office.deverto.hu/kde-backports/ sarge-backports/
(please take care not to forget any of the '/'-s, all of them are
important ;)

Regards,
Zsolt