Re: Accepted dvd+rw-tools 6.1-0bpo1 (source i386)

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 05:45:31PM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> * Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
 >
> > >From the version in sarge, if the package is available there.
>   ^
> Uhm... sorry for the broken quoting, now sure how this happened, in my
> sent-folder the "> " isn't there.

One of the many Unix mailbox formats consists of a flatfile, with mails
separated by the word "From " then the sender and timestamp:

>From backports-admin@lists.backports.org Sat Jun 25 14:45:34 2005

Many MTAs will escape the word "From " if found at the start of a line,
so that it doesn't confuse any ancient mail clients that just look for
the word "From ".  I don't know if such clients are in use these days,
but the code is still in MTAs to cater for them.

Nick