Re: voro++ package
Hi, I have just uploaded new packaging files for voro++ which should
address all the comments below. The package builds, but there are
lintian warnings and errors that I don't know how to get rid of because
I do not know how to properly create the symlink that ldconfig would
create. Whatever I try gives lintian errors or warnings. Right now
there are binaries-have-file-conflict warnings, which I think is because
I'm creating the symlinks at the wrong time, and a
non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink, which I am not sure if it matters or
not, because if there is no symlink I get an error.
So, can someone offer any assistance here and tell me where I'm going wrong?
On 10/11/16 20:45, Ole Streicher wrote:
Roger Wesson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Great! Then it's all ready to be reviewed.
OK, here are my comments:
* Change order in d/copyright: first the common entry (*), then the more
* Add VCS entries in d/control
* html/jquery.js has no source. Don't just overwrite the lintian tag for this.
Since the html subdir is not used anyway, I would recommend removing it
from the tarball completely:
- "Files-Excluded:" entry in the d/copyright header.
- add "opts=dversionmangle=s/\+dfsg\d*//,repacksuffix=+dfsg" to debian/watch
- if a doc is useful, create it yourself with doxygen
* provide some description to the patches in debian/patches
* install the NEWS file as changelog (with dh_installchangelogs)
* install the examples (with dh_installexamples)
* please clarify with upstream whether a shared library would be
useful here, and if yes, povide one. In that case the package should
be split into one package for the lib, one for the -dev tools and
one for the utility. See Debian Policy 8.3
* Lintian warns about
manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/man1/voro++.1.gz 85:
warning: numeric expression expected (got `s')
Since you are already patching the manpage, maybe you can fix that?
* I added voronoi to the debian-astro blend, however it may be worth to
add it to the "mathematics" task of debian science as well. If you
want that, you should clone the debian-science blends package
and add your package in tasks/mathematics (resp. mathematics-dev for
the debelopment package).