Re: voro++ package

Hi Roger,

the links are already created when the library is built. The problem is
your "Makefile.patch" patch, specifically the lines

       $(INSTALL) $(IFLAGS) src/libvoro++.so  $(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/lib
       $(INSTALL) $(IFLAGS) src/libvoro++.so.1.0.0 $(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/lib

Specifically the first copies the library itself, and not the link. I
would not install them at all specify the target in debian/*.install:

src/libvoro++.so usr/lib    (for debian/voro++-dev.install)
src/libvoro++*.so.* usr/lib (for debian/libvoro++1.install)

This also makes it easier to fullfill another goal of Debian:
Multi-Arch. That means, that different architectures (f.e. 32 and 64
bit) may be installed together. This requires that the libraries do not
go to /usr/lib, but to /usr/lib/<arch>. You may check the wcstools
package for this:

https://sources.debian.net/src/wcstools/3.9.4-2/debian/libwcstools1.install/
https://sources.debian.net/src/wcstools/3.9.4-2/debian/libwcstools-dev.install/

Important is that the install files in that case should be executable.

If you do it this way, you don't need to specify the symlinks at all.

Cheers

Ole