Re: Please categorise your packages for the Debian Science metapackages

Hi Ole,

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 03:34:52PM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:

> When I removed the astronomy tasks from Debian Science, I added two
> transitional packages directly to debian/control.stub: science astronomy
> and science-astronomy-dev, to provide a smooth transition between the
> old tasks and Debian Astro.

Ahhh, yes, now I remember. :-)

> I think, now Debian Astro should just (manually) mentioned somewhere on
> the Debian Science Web page and linked to the home page. Meta-tasks that
> pull other Pure Blends completely is IMO a bit overkill. But we should
> make a common decision here together with the other Blends that somehow
> relate to Science: DebianMed, DebiChem, etc.

For Debian Med its a bit different since its not only Biology.  So
adding the biology related metapackages seems somehow reasonable.  I
think the current approach works (at least I do not see any problem with
it) so from my point of view we can leave it but I have no really strong
opinion about it.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--