Re: How to resolve circular build dependency?

Hi Gijs and Tomasz,

Gijs Molenaar <gijsmolenaar@gmail.com> writes:

> i don't think that would work, the releases of casacore-data and
> casacore are not in sync.

>     Hi guys,
>     if I get this right, this is only build-time dependency, right?
>     What about "merging" both upstream sources into one source
>     package and build them at the same time into whatever binary
>     packages you want to have?

This is a good idea, also covered by Johannes Schauer on debian-mentors[1]

>  2. join src:casacore-data and src:casacore into a single source package and
>     handle bootstrapping of both via debian/rules

The concern of casacore{,-data} being out of sync might be resolved with
two tarballs supported by quilt 3.0 format[2].  I am not sure how to
implement it in a clean way by git-buildpackage.  Any examples
available?

Cheers,
Benda

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2014/09/msg00267.html