Re: How to resolve circular build dependency?

Alexander Wolf <alex.v.wolf@gmail.com> writes:

> A separate "casacore-data" on two packages - "casacore-data" &
> "casacore-tests"?

Sorry Alexander, I misunderstood your point at the first sight.

As later Johannes Schauer put more precisely,

> 1. split the source package as Alexander Wolf suggested so that the
> unit tests are in their own package and cascore can be built without
> cascore-data. You could still run tests by using the
> cascore-unit-tests package as a autopkgtest

spliting out test suits from casacore would work.  I expect merging
tarballs would be easier than splitting (single-point-of-truth?[1]), so I
will test out the single source package solution first.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Benda

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Source_of_Truth

   The testsuit is written in ctest together with cmake, decoupling it
   might be hard.