Re: How to resolve circular build dependency?

i don't think that would work, the releases of casacore-data and casacore are not in sync.

On 13/09/14 15:01, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> in debian-astro, we have a problem with a circular dependency on two
> packages that are currently prepared [1], [2]:
>
> - the "casacore" needs the "casacore-data" package for unit tests
>
> - the "casacore-data" needs "casacore" to be build from the source data.
>
> The source data of casacore-data are actually independent of casacore,
> so it does not make sense to put both into one common package.
>
> How can this problem be solved?
>
> Best regards
>
> Ole
>

> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-astro/2014/09/msg00008.html
> [2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-astro/2014/09/msg00009.html

Hi guys,
if I get this right, this is only build-time dependency, right?
What about "merging" both upstream sources into one source
package and build them at the same time into whatever binary
packages you want to have?

Cheers,
Tomasz