Re: Stellarium 0.12.4 legacy

On 11/08/14 14:31, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:48:09PM +0200, Sergio Gelato wrote:
> > * Tomasz Buchert [2014-08-11 11:24:28 +0200]:
> >
> > Why (only) 0.12.4? In perusing the archive of the stellarium-pubdevel
> > mailing list I came upon a comment by Alexander on 2014-07-20 mentioning
> > 0.11.4 as the last version that was expected to work on a certain piece
>
> I wonder whether it might be the most simple solution to redirect users
>
>    http://snapshot.debian.org/
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

Hi Andreas,
continuing the discussion...
After a bit of thought, I think it is the right think to do for
the following reasons:

  (1) as far as I can tell there are no Linux/Debian reports claiming that 0.13.0
      does not work for OpenGL reasons (there are some unreproducible ones,
      though: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=757150); there
      are reports of some graphical glitches on launchpad:
      https://bugs.launchpad.net/stellarium/+bugs?field.tag=opengl , but this
      is something different

  (2) if such a problem will be reported in the future, especially after
      jessie release, we can point to snapshot.d.o; it is important therefore
      to verify that 0.12.4 works with jessie, when it is released

  (3) moreover, if bugs are found in 0.12.4 via (2), I can fix it for wheezy
      and point the jessie users to snapshot again

Therefore, unless shown otherwise, this is my current position.

Cheers,
Tomasz