Re: RFS: splash -- visualisation tool astrophysics stuff [ITP]

* Andreas Tille [2014-08-15 13:53:48 +0200]:
> So *if* your time permits and splash might come on top of your todo list
> I would encourage you to package it and hope it works in a similar way
> as my experience tells me.

splash is rather easy to package, in my opinion. (I did so two years ago for
internal use; that packaging is copyright by my employer so I'd have to get
permission before I can release it.) The only tricky question I had to address
was whether to package libgiza separately. In the long run this would be
valuable (Giza is a GPL replacement for pgplot) but upstream told me that
the API should not be considered stable until version 1.0.0, so for now
I've sidestepped the soname issue by putting libgiza.so under /usr/lib/splash.