Re: Upstream source: best practice

Le 15/04/2014 20:18, Vincent Prat a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> My access problem has been solved and I just created an empty repository
> for audela.
> Now I am wondering about the best (or at least standard) practice for
> the upstream code:

I think what is customary (this is what I do) is:

- Keep an branch named "upstream" with the upstream code, which can be a
copy of upstream's VCS or imported from the tarballs.
- Maintain a set of tags named 'upstream/<version>' which contain
exactly what is in the .orig.tar file.
- Use pristine tar to store the exact .orig.tar file.
- Maintain the debian directory in the 'master' branch.
- Maintain a set of tags named debian/<version-revision> which contain
exactly what you get by unpacking the corresponding .dsc.

You are free to use whatever tools you like to get this, and you are
free to use quilt patches or git commits for your patches. You can
document this in debian/README.source or similar file (no time to check).

Kind regards, Thibaut.