Upstream source: best practice

Hi everybody,

My access problem has been solved and I just created an empty repository for audela. Now I am wondering about the best (or at least standard) practice for the upstream code:
- include the upstream source tree in the repository (with git-import-orig)
- only put the upstream tarball somewhere (the Games Team has a dedicated directory for this) and use git-buildpackage - or include the source tree AND the tarball (with the --pristine-tar option of git-import-orig, for example).
I am asking this because the source of audela is around 75MB.
Thank you in advance for your tips.

Regards,
Vincent