Re: Debian Gnome versus Debian Cinnamon on UTM - M1 Mac

Am 16.08.2022 um 18:49 schrieb Wookey <wookey@wookware.org>:

On 2022-08-16 09:19 +0200, FritzS GMX wrote:
Hi,
I installed UTM / QEMU on my M1 (ARM) Mac Mini, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Monterey 12.5

Ob Debian Cinnamon I get the message
»Please check graphics driver
Your system is currently running without video
hardware acceleration.
You may experience poor performance and high CPU utilization.
high CPU load.«

On Debian Gnome I don’t get this message. What's wrong? Which graphic driver missing in Cinnamon?

There is no free driver for the M1 GPU yet (the Asahi project is
working one) so the message is correct that unaccelerated graphics is
being used. However in practie this seems to work pretty well.

Glad to hear that Debian is installale on this hardware.

Strange that this error message only occurs with Debian Cinnamon - but not with Debian Gnome and Fedora Gnome.

I followed the tip from UTM, but it does not help in this case
SPICE Guest Tools (Ubuntu)
Run from a terminal:
$ sudo apt install spice-vdagent spice-webdavd