Re: latency test results for armhf vs arm64?

On Fri, 2022-07-15 at 23:05 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

> The whole install of raspios is armhf. So I guess its yes.

I seem to remember them switching to arm64 recently?

> I have not tried to build an aarch64 from the src I have.

I think it would be helpful if someone with an RPi4 could do this.

> It, latency-test, has recently been worked on but I've not tested
> it on a Debian image of either flavor since. It is now in testing so
> those of you w/o 5 years of history to lose could try it for the price of a 64G u-sd card.

For those of you who are able to try this, sounds like you just install
linuxcnc-uspace and then run latency-test. Also install/try latencytop,
although Linux CONFIG_LATENCYTOP is not enabled in Debian probably.

$ apt-file search latency-test
linuxcnc-uspace: /usr/bin/latency-test
linuxcnc-uspace: /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/apps/latency/latency-test.demo
linuxcnc-uspace: /usr/share/man/man1/latency-test.1.gz

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise