Re: latency test results for armhf vs arm64?

On 7/15/22 21:54, Paul Wise wrote:
On Fri, 2022-07-15 at 13:40 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

Because our latency-test results are better on armhf than on arm64,
we use armhf for its performance.
Are these results for armhf kernel with armhf userland?
The whole install of raspios is armhf. So I guess its yes.

Are the results for arm64 kernel with armhf userland similar?
I have not tried to build an aarch64 from the src I have.
How much worse are the results for arm64 kernel and userland?
No, not exact, but its roughly 4x longer when I can get it to run,
as it did check for a realtime preempt kernel and did a graceful
exit if not found. So its not been run on 64 bit Debian image since
stretch.

It, latency-test, has recently been worked on but I've not tested
it on a Debian image of either flavor since. It is now in testing so
those of you w/o 5 years of history to lose could try it for the price
of a 64G u-sd card.

I want to thank you /all/ for a civil discussion. It has not been all that
welcoming  in the past.

Take care and stay well everybody.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)