Re: Serial Consoles

Hi Rainer,

On 12/28/21 01:17, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
I am using a serial console to connect to a cubox-i. As terminal program I
either use "screen -fn /dev/ttyUSB0 115200" or minicom. If I paste some text
in the terminal, after about 30 characters the content gets lost.

The problem is likely that the characters come in more quickly than the soft- and hardware on the cubox-i can work through them. On i.MX6 you might be able to tune the water mark level of the FIFO so somewhat lessen the problem.

The microcom built into busybox can delay submission, e.g.

	busybox microcom -d 20 /dev/ttyUSB0

The other programs to drive a serial console, don't support this AFAIK.

Best regards
Uwe