Re: Feedback from the community -> ARM

Hi Uwe,

On vrijdag 11 juni 2021 15:20:34 CEST Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> In my bubble most vendor kernel already do this. They align however not
> to an ELTS kernel, but to the Android universe. That's at least the case
> for NXP which is quite dominant in my bubble.

Lucky you :)
I'm not very familiar with the Android universe and I see it separate from the
rest of the Linux universe. (my android phone (SGS7) runs 3.18 ...)
My router from 2017 has an ARM cpu, but uses kernel 3.4.103 ... _sigh_
Maybe/hopefully this is just anecdotal and dated and things are aligned/
converged much more now.

But generally speaking, if only 1 or a few kernels would be used by ARM
vendors, then it's easier to combine efforts and help each other, rather then
having everyone on their own island.
An ELTS kernel seems well suited for that.

Cheers,
  Diederik