Re: Porter roll call for Debian Bullseye

On 08/12/2020 16:40, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Tue, Dec 08, 2020 at 09:21:42AM +0100, basti wrote:
Hello Adrian,

How can I help to get bullseye on armel?

My impression was that the biggest problem for armel and armhf is the
lack of reliable build machines.  Not sure if any of the 64 bit arm
servers are suitable for building armel or armhf or if they lack certain
required instructions.

Debian has been building armel and armhf on arm64 "server" hardware for
some time. There have been some issues relating to building on 64-bit
kernels (mostly that the 64-bit kernels default to trapping alignment
errors rather than fixing them up), but nothing earth-shatteringly bad.

You do of course have to make sure you get a machine that actually has
32-bit support, some of the arm server hardware doesn't.