Re: FriendlyARM NanoPi NEO Plus2 Support

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 7:21 PM Alexandre GRIVEAUX wrote:

> Ps: For the wifi it's seem it doesn't load correctly the firmware:
>
> [    7.615241] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
> [    7.626931] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: firmware: direct-loading firmware
> brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin

This is in firmware-brcm80211, seems like you have that installed.

> [    7.627069] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: firmware: failed to load
> brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.friendlyarm,nanopi-neo-plus2.txt (-2)

This second file doesn't appear to be in Debian.

I note that firmware-brcm80211 also doesn't contain any of the .txt
files that are in the brcm/ directory in the firmware-nonfree source
package. Please report a bug against firmware-brcm80211 asking for the
.txt files to be installed, since the brcmf_sdio_prepare_fw_request
function in the Linux kernel driver loads both .bin and .txt files
from the firmware directory.

I note the second file is not in the upstream linux-firmware git
repository. I think you will need to obtain that from FriendlyARM and
probably talk them into getting it into the upstream linux-firmware
git repository.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/brcm

Once it has gotten into the upstream linux-firmware git repository,
the Debian firmware-nonfree source package can be updated to the
version that contains the file and the bug I mentioned above will mean
the second file will get into the firmware-brcm80211 binary package.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise