Re: FriendlyARM NanoPi NEO Plus2 Support

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 3:02 AM Paul Wise wrote:

> I note that firmware-brcm80211 also doesn't contain any of the .txt
> files that are in the brcm/ directory in the firmware-nonfree source
> package.

I looked a bit closer at this and it seems that the .txt files are
device specific, since they contain MAC addresses. So the files should
not be shipped in linux-firmware and should not be included in the
firmware-nonfree source package nor the firmware-brcm80211 binary
package. The correct solution seems to be to get it from FriendlyARM
and install it into /lib/firmware/brcm/ yourself.

https://bugs.debian.org/844056
https://bugs.debian.org/908724

--
bye,