Re: heatsink -- was [Re: Raspberry Pi 4 is announced]

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 01:50:02PM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:
> So when I buy one of these in a couple of months, do I need to buy the heatsink too?  Will the heatsink fit into the standard case?  If not, is there a case that will fit?
>
> And, finally, is there a version of Debian that will run on one of these?  Or should I just plan on running Raspbian?

Debian almost certainly won't run.  I don't even see RPi4 support in the
linux kernel upstream yet, so Raspbian is using a patched kernel to make
it work I suspect.  Debian won't patch in support for anything that
isn't already supported upstream in the kernel.

So for now, most likely Raspbian is the only thing that will run easily
on the RPi4.

--
Len Sorensen