Re: Red/green blinking LED on QNAP TS220

Hi Paul,

This might be a problem with qcontrol in stretch, your fan is also probably not controlled. See this blogpost for a proposed fix: https://blog.spblinux.de/2018/09/debian-with-btrfs-on-qnap-11x-21x-kirkwood/

###################
Solution (fixes led, buzzer and fan): #qcontrol needs stretch backports: apt-get -t stretch-backports install qcontrol, so add to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ stretch-backports main

and /lib/systemd/system/qcontrold.services is broken: replaces lines
Requires=dev-input-by\x2dpath-platform\x2dgpio_keys\x2devent.device
After=dev-input-by\x2dpath-platform\x2dgpio_keys\x2devent.device

with
ConditionPathExists=/dev/input/by-path/platform-gpio_keys-event (kernel 4.9) or platform-gpio-keys-event (kernel 3.16)
and afterwards run
dpkg –configure qcontrol

Cheers,
Moritz