Re: Is there a way to make the pi use swap?

Even this Android phone has it set to 100 by default. Funny, in the BSDs I think it's more like swap strategy.

apropos helps sometimes but can't help if your man pages are incomplete.  At least you quickly find out if you misspelled apropos.

Then Google (or ducky).  Googling error messages is also useful.

Sent from my Motorola XT1527

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, 4:17 AM Ian Campbell <ijc@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, 2018-09-17 at 09:18 +0200, Philip Hands wrote:
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> writes:
> > And pray tell, where does one set that swappiness?
> > Sounds like something that could be handy.
>
> When wondering that sort of thing, I generally try this sort of command
> to find out:

Or one could try, for example:
   https://www.google.com/search?&q=linux%20swapiness
(which works even though I seemingly can't spell swappiness!)

It turns out there is a full-on wikipedia article on it, with links to
the documentation in the kernel source and everything...

Ian.