Re: rock64, date is UTC, how to make EST (s/b UTC-5)

On Tuesday 24 July 2018 14:29:49 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> > I get the pw requester, answer it, get the login blurb I assume
> > from /etc/issue.net, but then no shell prompt in the remote term
> > emulator, and a ctrl-d is also ignored. Kill the tab is the only way
> > out. Thinking I had  hit some limit on this machine. or on the pi, I
> > got exactly the same results from the rock64's keyboard before and
> > after rebooting the pi.
> >
> > So whats next?
>
> So you get the password prompt which is actually issued by your SSH
> client. The two things I'd suggest are (i) if you have one use a shell
> session on the local console to run something like  ps faux | less  so
> you can see whether the ssh daemon's stuck running something. Look in
> /var/log/messages etc. Try ssh without the -Y then again with the -v
> option.
>
> Sorry for being concise, but evening passes and I've spent all day on
> RPi OSes and several nay many days trying to sort out throughput
> issues... SSH login should /not/ be a problem.

The only thing I can see that sshd related:

/usr/sbin/sshd -D
 \ sshd: pi [priv]
   \ sshd: pi@pts/1
    \ /bin/bash

There was one other entry, clear at the bottom of a lengthy list:
sshd
  \ bin/bash but I think that was the terminal I was using.  Or is that
the hung one??? dunno.

I hope that effort bears fruit, this and another r-pi 3b has had a habit
of throwing away local keyboard and mouse events. Another reboot might
fix it, and then again it might be worse. But I expect this is a
different breed of horse. I update everything but the kernel (its pinned
as its as close to an RTAI kernel as anyone so far has built for an
r-pi) a couple times a week, and its not bothered me in a few weeks. So
maybe thats been fixed.

Also, setting the keyboard repeat from the gui, only lasts till a reboot,
at which time it goes back up to at least 100/second, maybe more.

Thank you Mark.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)