Re: odroid hc1 on debian?

On 2017-10-12, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> Sorry, I got confused by the package naming "exynos",
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/u-boot.git/tree/debian
> has debian/u-boot-$package.README.Debian
> thus a custom README would need to be u-boot-exynoss.README.Debian?

Please file a bug report on the u-boot-exynos package, ideally with
proposed wording for an improved README. :)

>> Not sure if the partitioning is in sync.  Debian uses 1MB
>> > before the first partition?
>>
>> Yes, as that is the standard layout that all modern partitioning
>> tools use for MBR-style partition tables.
>>

> Someplace I saw a schema where u-boot got 1MB of space reserved for it,
> thus 2MB would be required before the first partition.
> But with the 720kB space for  u-boot we are fine.

On three odroid-xu4 boards I have, I've used the sd_fusing.1M.sh script:

  https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/tree/odroidxu3-v2012.07/sd_fuse/hardkernel_1mb_uboot/

I always left a 500MiB partition at the beginning of the disk to make sure
u-boot didn't get overwritten.

Apparently, they have an odroid-specific branch now that uses 720k, but
it's almost the same script with slightly different offsets:

  https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/tree/odroidxu4-v2017.05/sd_fuse/

I presume that will be safe to use also, and give a little safer buffer
to avoid clobbering the first partition.

live well,
  vagrant