odroid hc1 on debian?

Hi,

I managed to buy one of the new ordoid hc1 ("home cloud") boards.

While the manufacturer and other 3rd parties like armbian offer debian images for it, I wonder:
what would be necessary to use plain debian with it (unstable or testing is fine)?

I read the plain linux kernel works out of the box (no patches or firmware blobs), have to verify if the same is true for uboot.

The system boots from a microsdhc card. To "install" it, I would write on that card from my amd64 linux desktop with debian - I suppose partition header, uboot, and a filesystem image is all this needs. The device has no video output, thus an image with sshd and some way to login from remote would be preferred. (The device has a serial 4pin connector, but I assume most users won't have the necessary adapter). Did anyone already build a procedure like that?

Does debian have a suggested way for installing such devices? dhcp+sshd-remote-login with a default password is common for simplicity, but might not meet debians security target.

Thanks, Andreas